Join the Strathmore Disc Golf Club League. Memberships are $40.00 and include one disc, a numbered tag, and free league play nights. Contact us for details.
The league is designed for all ages and all levels of players, from complete beginners who have never played to advanced disc golf athletes. We ask for a $5 donation to the club on league nights if you want to join our groups (and don't have a membership) but the course is always open to play.
2018 League Night Rules
Thursday nights, 6:00 pm
- Scorekeeping and handicaps will follow last year’s system.
- Top 6 scores on league nights from the beginning of May to the end of August will determine your handicap.
- Once per month, not assigned ahead of time, a group tag night will happen. Everyone will place their tags in a pot and they will be redistributed at the end of the night based on score. This will create a more even and consistent distribution of tags rather than the same 3 players playing for the same 3 tags all season long. For every other league night, tags do NOT have to be played for, but can be if the individual group votes in favour of it.
- Random teams will happen to ensure people get a chance to play with other players they don’t know. At the start of the night, every player will put a disc in a box and they will be randomly pulled out to create teams.
- Players who cannot make League night for any reason may play a makeup game only on the following Wednesday (6 days later). There must be at least one other member playing with them for verification, even if the second player made it on league night. Only the first logged score will count towards handicap.
Joe cannot make it to league night but Trent can. Trent plays on Thursday an counts his score towards the SDGC handicap. Joe plays on the following Wednesday (6 days later) and Trent joins his to verify the score. Joe counts his score towards the SDGC handicap but Trent cannot as his score has already been counted.
This will require some coordination for players on the following Wednesday.
We hope players will attempt to always attend Thursday night rather than consistently making two separate groups.
- Will follow similar format to last year. Three groups will be created based on handicaps. Each player will play head-to-head against another player based on scores.
- If a player cannot make it on league night for their playoff game and their opponent can make it, a head-to-head game may be played anytime before the next league night to determine the winner. If no game is played, the player who was able to make it on the original league night wins by default. It is expected that the player who was present on league night will make an effort to allow for a make up game.
- If a player intentionally does not make an effort to schedule a make up game in order to win by default, their opponent can make a complaint to the President who will speak with both players and make a ruling. If the player who was present originally legitimately cannot schedule a make up game, they will still win by default.
Meet at hole 1 by Brentwood School. The round takes roughly 2 hours to get everyone through and scores will be posted on the bottom of this page every week. Tags are not required to be played for during league nights although you are welcome to play for tags within your group.
Please feel free to join the public Strathmore Disc Golf Facebook group here where many active players are often looking for anyone to enjoy a round with.
*Weather permitting. Some players will still likely play in the winter depending on snow levels & temperature.
Bring your discs and be ready to play 18 holes of disc golf in a random team format. If you do not have discs, there will be extras available for you to borrow.
We look forward to seeing you on the disc golf course!